First: Who We Are
Fine Lines is a national, quarterly, literary journal devoted to the publication of poetry, prose, and writing across the curriculum. The journal seeks:
- to provide insights for teachers and students in all disciplines.
- to encourage discussion of writing in ways that cut across disciplines, definitions, and traditions.
- to publish contributions by all members of the writing community.
Any writing pieces containing the following: profanity, sexual scenes, “dark side of the force”, and excessive violence will not be accepted by Fine Lines. Please keep writings appropriate for all ages. If you’re worried your writing has “hints” of the items listed, but want to publish, send it to Fine Lines and we will review it to let you know.
Submitting To The Journal
We welcome articles on all topics of interest to our readers and reflective writing about interesting life experiences. Our editors encourage a broad variety of approaches, methodologies, and styles. We accept, for example, research articles and practical articles that describe innovative approaches to life’s challenges. We are especially glad to receive articles that encourage stimulating dialog that crosses traditional rhetorical and disciplinary boundaries, forms, and roles. We provide a forum for professional writers and first-time authors.
Submitting To The Blog
Interest in sharing about the creative process and writing tips? Submit to our Write On Wednesday Features. Full details on what we’re looking for and how to submit here.
What We Disclaim
The views expressed in the Fine Lines journal are solely those of the authors. Therefore, Fine Lines is not intended to represent any author’s point of view – albeit politically or religiously. Our purpose is to be a vehicle for fine writing.
What We Require
- Submissions must be sent via email, as file attachments, CD-R, or as laser-quality hard copies.
- If replies are requested, include a self-addressed, stamped envelope, or mention this in the email submission.
- Use the latest version of MLA format for all submissions (investigative essays, research articles, nonfiction, etc.).
Where To Send
When sending submissions via email, please submit in Microsoft Word (.doc), Rich Text Format (.rtf), or in Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf). Please visit the style guide for more specific information regarding email submissions.
To email a submission, click on the genre of your submission below:
Or email your submission directly to the editor at:
Please send snail-mail submissions to:
|Fine Lines Journal|
|PO Box 241713|
|Omaha, NE 68124|